Wednesday 30 October 2013

Trip down hair lane.

                                                             I AM NOT MY HAIR

Most ladies fear going the short hair route. From a young age, I always believed in starting from scratch if I failed to find a new hair do.

Yes family, friends and foes I have decided to say goodbye to my dreadlocks and hello to my short natural hair. So what inspired this decision? Change - a word that roams my mind almost every day, and ofcourse the freedom of waking up to not worry about combing or looking clumsy.

I have never been the shy type- well - when it came to my hair that is, I never shyed away from loving myself enough to be confident in anything I wear or the hairstyle I rock.

I'll probably plate and do all kinds of things to my hair, but one thing for sure I'll keep it natural and continue to exude confidence.

Enough with the blabber, here are a few photographs down memory lane of some of the hairstyles I have managed to exude confidence in.

Love.pray.laugh



                                              THIS IS THE NEW HAIR DO OCTOBER 2013
              This big afro look-which mind you - was platted over my dreadlocks, I've been dealing with this afro look for a year and half. LoVe It. :)

Funny thing about this photograph is, I really wanted the ladies hair beside me lol, but then again you can never go wrong with box braids-they here to stay, and boy were they heavy because I platted them over my dreads too.



This photograph was taken four years ago, I still worked as a club door lady. The hairstyle was inspired by Rihanna, remember when everyone went through a phase of shaving the sides of their hair - yup i was part of that crowd. I platted the middle -  not to bad but i wouldnt do it again.
 
There you go! The photograph with the sides of my hair cut. 



                                         One can never go wrong with a fringe - love it.
 
The cone. These are or should I say were my dreadlocks, platted in a cone shaped hairstyle- the stares I used to get from this hairdo, you'd swear I killed someone lol - GO BIG OR GO HOME RIGHT?

 
My dreadlocks loose - wondering how long I had them? For five years - no jokes. My hair grows fast I guess.

 
Dreads in a bun.



        And that lady and gentlemen is the youngest of my siblings- Kagiso Msimanga, also blessed with good hair. She had curled my dreads for me on this night #sisterlove.




No comments:

Post a Comment